Virtual has worked with dozens of standard-setting organizations, helping them to create new or build on existing standards to promote global interoperability for a diverse range of products and services. No other association management company better understands the issues, practices and systems required to support standard-setting organizations in reaching their goals and communicating progress to the market.
Beyond operational support, we often collaborate with legal counsel on best practices for organizational structure, governance and policies and procedures, ensuring that standard-setting organizations are functioning at peak efficiency.
We Help Standard-Setting Organizations by:
- Structuring organizations for effective governance and optimal revenue
- Collaborating with legal counsel on bylaws, intellectual property rights policies, rules of procedure, anti-trust policies and other critical governance documents
- Setting up and managing collaboration and decision-support systems to assist members of Boards, committees and working groups spread around the globe
- Structuring liaison agreements with other organizations
- Providing back-office infrastructure support
- Setting up and managing testing and certification programs